Strategic Planning And Organizational Assessment
Strategy and organizational assessment go hand in hand. Whereas strategy is about creating situations that allow organizations to be successful, assessment is about gathering data and metrics related to that organization. This assignment challenges the learner to create a PowerPoint presentation that presents the analysis of existing organizational systems and proposes methods for improving them.
· This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
· This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and
· at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA 7th style for their writing assignments. Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral-level writing. The manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
· The PowerPoint presentation should include title and reference pages.
· Each slide should have 220-250 words of footnotes.
Select a well-known organization and imagine that you are being considered to work as a strategic planning consultant for that organization. Review their website and other publicly available sources. Develop a 5-7-slide PowerPoint presentation that presents an analysis of existing organizational systems and proposes methods to improve the identified systems. Include the following:
1. Description of the organization.
2. Analysis of existing organizational systems.
3. Proposal of a specific method for improving these organizational systems using a well-established strategic planning approach (e.g., Porter’s 5 Forces, appreciative inquiry, competency-based approach, Blue Ocean Strategy).
4. Rationale for using this approach.
5. Description of the types of data needed and the analysis approaches required to consummate the recommendation.