Volume of 2 pages (550 words)
Assignment type : Non-word Assignments
a) Write the mistakes in the THIRD column and its kind
b) Write the correction in the 2nd column
SENTENCES CORRECTION MISTAKE AND ITS TYPE
1. My husband is doing a M.Sc. in civil engineering-
2. Sometimes it is difficult to live a honest life
3. I was about leaving when the telephone rang
4. There were above a hundred people in the crowd.
5. The sales manager was absent at the meeting
6. The company will not accept to buy new machines.
7. According to me, we should spend more money on education
8. Some unemployed men accuse women for taking their jobs.
9. We are not accustomed to see so many things in the shops
10. She gave me a good advice
11. It is a magazine about computers and their affects on our lives.
12. My father couldn’t afford paying for my education.
13. A man sitting after me started to shout
14. Most of the people on the bus were above sixty
15. The glasses haven’t been cleaned since ages
16. I’m writing in reply to your letter that I’ve received a month ago
17. The accident happened at ten years ago
18. Unfortunately not many people agreed helping us
19. Many people will die unless there is an increase in foreign aids
20. I like all the kinds of music.
21. We all were delighted when we heard the news.
22. All of us didn’t want to go to bed
23. If you sit down, I will explain all the situation
24. The man was covered with blood
25. The suitcase almost was too heavy to lift
26. I will buy a dog because I feel alone.
27. We also would like to be given more fresh food
28. I don’t like your climate and I don’t like English food also
29. I have always the feeling that she enjoys teaching
30. On almost every page there were announcements for cigarettes
31. Milan has another sights such as the famous stadium
32. They still can’t find the answer for this problem.
33. I’m sorry I didn’t answer to your letter
34. We were anxious for knowing whether he had arrived safely
35. Apart of a few minor problems, the trip was a great success
36. He approached from my table and took a seat opposite me
37. By the next afternoon they had completely forgotten the arguement
38. She was sitting on a big armchair
39. At his arrival in Vienna, he was surprised not to find his friend.
40. She arrived to the station just in time to catch the train
41. We arrived at London on 21st May
42. I like to eat fresh things as tomato and lettuce
43. As I can remember, I left the coat in the cupboard in my room
44. He asked her a glass of water
45. She asked me what was the time
46. I will go with you as long as you will go with me.
47. The driver was young and I paid attention that he was drunk
48. In average, about ten people die every day.
49. Despite the medicine, I started to feel more bad.
50. I’m afraid I speak English very bad
51. All the passengers carried their own baggages
52. Because her terrible behaviour, the flight became a nightmare
53. His mother gave him dinner and put him in bed
54. Every morning I have to get up from my bed very early.
55. On the bus, he was sitting right before me
56. At the beginning, I thought the switch was broken.
57. We were surprised by their strange behaviours
58. Some people are believing that the increase in crime is because of unemployment.
59. My boyfriend was sitting besides me
60. We all made our best to see that they enjoyed themselves
61. German cars are more expensive, but they are more good
62. You better stop smoking before it’s too late
63. I paid a big amount for this radio.
64. Quite a big number of people believe in ghosts
65. While on holiday she caught a big disease
66. It is a big pleasure to have you all here.
67. My husband gave me this coat as a present on our last wedding birthday
68. I really don’t think it was the driver’s blame.
69. She soon got bored of talking to him
70. I have been born in a town just near Paris