This assignment is intended to help you learn how to apply forecasting and demand models as part of a business operations plan.
Choose Two (2) quantitative elements that you would like to research in relation to the organization that you selected for your business plan. These elements may be related to products, services, target market, consumer preferences, competition, personnel, resources, supply chain, financing, advertising, or other areas of interest. However, at least one of these elements should be related to a product or service that your organization is planning to offer.
Develop forecasts by implementing the following approach:
- Collect data, including old demand forecast and the actual demand outcomes. Don’t have actual data? Use estimated data to meet the assignment requirements.
- Establish the quantitative forecasting method (from readings). Decide on the balance between subjective and objective data and look for trends and seasonality.
- Forecast future demand using a quantitative forecasting method.
- Make decisions based on analysis of your new forecast..
- Measure the forecast error where applicable. Look for biases and improve the process.
Write a 350- to 525-word paper evaluating the findings from the supported data points above, and explain the impact of these findings on operational decision making. Insert charts and supporting data from Excel and other tools in your paper.
Cite 4 peer-reviewed references to support your assignment.
Format your citations according to APA guidelines.