Human Growth And Development
Create a PowerPoint presentation that examines historical issues in human research and how this relates to current research practices. Select one of the articles listed above on the following historical research projects: Tuskegee Syphilis Study, Henrietta Lacks, Nazi Medical Experiments, or Thalidomide Trials.
The presentation should address the following:
· Define ethics in human research and identify how ethics are presented in the article.
· Explain the background and hypothesis of the historical research project.
· Explain the role of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and note examples of protections for research participants. If there was no IRB, explain how having one could have helped maintain ethical standards.
· Using current principles outlined by the IRB that govern human research, identify the principles that were violated. Provide an explanation regarding the violations and how these violations would have been avoided using current research practices.
· The presentation should be visually appealing with colors, graphics, and keywords.
· Use the notes section below each slide to write the details of what would be said during a live presentation. This allows you to show the instructor your understanding and critical thinking skills.