Ethics Case Study
For this activity, you will be critically reflecting on decisions made by Edward Snowden (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden) and applying the blended ethical decision making model.
Prior to completing this activity, you must:
- Read about Edward Snowden (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden)
- View Blended Ethical Decision Making Process.pdf (attached)
View the video below on Edward Snowden and his decision to leak classified government information:
NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden: ‘I don’t want to live in a society that does these sort of things’ | (The Guardian, 2013) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hLjuVyIIrs)
Using the Blended Ethical Decision Making Model (attached), examine Edward Snowden’s decision to leak the classified documents. Please use the Blended Ethical Decision Making Model as your guiding framework (you need to use the model to support your answer and receive credit for this post).
- -Do you believe his decision was ethical? Why or why not? [HINT: USE THE MODEL TO SUPPORT YOUR ANSWER ALL STEPS OF THE MODEL SHOULD BE DISCUSSED HERE]
- -How do values play a role in the decision making process?
- -What do you think is the relationship between diversity and ethics?
This activity is worth ten points. Grading information can be found by clicking on the rubric for this assignment.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDescription of criterion
10.0 ptsFull Marks
All three questions answered. All steps in Blended Model discussed. All questions are fully answered and use supporting detail from the module materials. Each answer is a minimum of four sentences.